Sunday, February 15, 2009

Man of the Year

Sun newspaper was on AIT yesterday celebrating former NLC president and Edo state Governor Adams Oshiomole as Man of the year 2008.
I have nothing against comrade oshiomole, but I keep on asking, based on what criteria was he chosen, except that the award was being organized by his friends, we all know who is the owner of Sun Newspaper.
I know we don’t have heroes in Nigeria but even picking a Samson Siasia would have been better at least he almost won Olympic Gold and was picked as one of the best coaches in the world. Last week I was still reading about D banj being chosen as Future award person of the year, a role model for our youth to emulate, ‘God Forbid’, and I am like even America with all his show business wont do that. If we can say that the organizers of future award are affected by youth, what is affecting The sun, what they will eat won’t let them know better?
Somebody just pointed out that I don’t buy The Sun that I always say they are too unserious, so I should just see the award as another comedy show from some unserious people…… its bad comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment